FOCUS & SCOPE
IJER is a blind peer-reviewed "open access" journal targeted towards publishing advanced research reports across the fields in education. Articles should provide empirical, conceptual, or theoretical perspectives on current educational issues. Our interest is limited to thought-provoking interdisciplinary debates on the practical application of transformative education within various cross-disciplinary interests. IJER prioritise intellectual and global debates on primary, secondary and higher education institutions with no methodological, geographical and ideological limitation. IJER also publishes book reviews, extended reviews of applicable literature, original opinion pieces, and commentaries or analyses of issues within education.
IJER welcomes articles within but not limited to the following disciplinary perspectives:
- Social science education
- Educational management, policy, leadership and governance
- Comparative and international education
- Natural science education
- Curriculum and social pedagogy
- Teaching and teacher education
- Religion education
- Methodologies in education
- Business entrepreneurial education
- Distance and sandwich education,
- Education and culture,
- Ethical issues in education
- Democratic and political education
- Humanities and language education
- Measurement and evaluation in education
- Special education
- Environmental and geography education.
Prior to 2022, IJER published two issues on a continuous publishing model per year. From 2022 henceforth, IJER publishes one issue per year, and a continuous publishing model applies. Therefore, articles ready for publication any time of the year are immediately made available online on an article-by-article basis.
- 2021: 63 articles submitted, 17 (27%) accepted and published, 46 (73%) rejected
- 2020: 23 articles submitted, 9 (39%) accepted and published, 19 (61%) rejected
- 2019: 37 articles submitted, 13 (35%) accepted and published, 24 (65%) rejected